Thursday, September 30, 2010

Around town




A few weeks ago I took a trip to Gyumri to see my Bestie Ashley! I met up at one of the town circles and this is what I saw. By looking at these pictures you would almost think I was in the modern world, but Gyumri just happens to be the second biggest city in Yerevan so it is a lot different than 90 percent of the places in Armenia. There even happens to be a place where you can get a cheeseburger! But trust me when I say that even Gyumri, as advanced as it looks, is not on par with the average American city. Some places do not have running water nor toilets that work.
Anyways, Armenia is pretty much a country of beautiful sculptures, statues and churches. Everywhere you go there are beautiful statues, or interesting statues.

No comments:

Post a Comment