Monday, September 6, 2010

To the Lovely People of Hanley Wood...


To everyone at my dad’s work, I would like to thank you for your kind words in my care package! It means so much to me that you all read my blog and keep up with what I am doing when I am so far away. It is so very easy to feel all alone here in a city where I am the only American. You watch life go by in the states without you and sometimes it pierces your shield and makes you re-think your decision to leave your former life behind. It’s easy to feel forgotten, but when I receive notes from home letting me know that people read my blog and care about what I am doing, it re-ignites my passion to make a difference in the world and strengthens the armor I must wear in order to live here day after day for two years. So thank you so much for thinking about me and sending me your salutations!!! I hope that I can continue to make my father proud and write stories that hold your interests.
On another note, I would like to thank whoever my dad stole fruit snacks from! The cheap bastard =)

Thanks daddy, I love you and miss you! P.S all the other volunteers were jelous of my dinosaurs!

2 comments:

  1. ix-nay on the ruit-fay I risked life and limb stealing those snacks don't tip them off to my caper or future packages won't be so laden with goods.

    love you dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that was funny! I'm glad they all sent you well wishes. See I told you everyone reads your blog, they just don't comment. I love you, mom

    ReplyDelete