Monday, May 24, 2010

The things I will carry with me

Tomorrow my adventure begins!

But tonight I can't help but think of all the things I will miss while I am away for the next 27+ months.

First and foremost my family Lucca. Saying goodbye is so hard. I love my family more than anything in the world and I can't help but feel selfish in leaving. I also can't help but feel an enormous hole in my heart that has been torn away with their goodbye.

I'm really going to miss California, the beautiful weather, the sunny sky, the laid back attitudes and the casual dress code. I'm going to miss flip flops and Mimosas, brunching it, taco tuesdaying it, and happy houring it. I'm going to miss my little apartment, in my little neighborhood. I'm going to miss my running path, walking lucca, the kids on my block, and the chirpies that sing throughout the area in the spring. I'm going to miss smiling faces whose life stories I know and love, and the excitement of first dates, movies at the beach, and shopping in Belmont Shores. I'm going to miss driving my car, cuddling on my beautiful couches, and weekends spent in Palmdale doing nothing at all. I'm going to miss going to Laker games, watching them win a few more rings, and celebrating with friends in bars. The smell of the ocean, big hugs from my dad, cooking nights with the sister, and going out for ice cream. I am going to miss long pep talks from the brother at all hours, giggling with my mom, church on Sunday and ranch dressing. Georges Greek cafe with Megs, email trails that go for days with my twinner, and Mindy and Madisons happy faces! My big sis getting married, it's going to be the best wedding ever! A few births, and children growing up.

I am going to miss so much! Too much to ever include here. I am very sad to leave, even though I know I will have the experience of a life time. I just hope everyone knows how much I love them and how much I will think of them!

3 comments:

  1. My love two years and 4 months from now you will be blogging about all the wonderful things that you will miss when you leave Armenia. Be brave "There is adventure out there". The only thing that is constant is change, a good life means that have adapted well and excepted Gods peace in whatever comes your way.

    I Love you more than you will ever know.

    your Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was going to comment and then I saw what dad said and thought, he said it perfectly. We do love and miss you, and we can't wait to hear about your new adventures. Oh sweetie, I'll take good care of Lucca and the rest of the family until you return. I promise. all my love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will miss you too & especially that "CLASSIC" happy dance of yours! LOL! XOXO

    ReplyDelete